12/22/11

Drake's coming to Nashville

Normally, Nashville is always ignored. I don't blame anyone in particularly. To the rest of the world Nashville is the "country music capital of the world". But Nashville is more than country. I am beyond ecstatic that Drake is stopping here February 17th. It's going to be utterly rediculous. The Paradise Tour is focusing on the colleges. Which makes perfect sense. A huge base of Drake's fan base is college students.  It's really not rocket science. 
Music is viral, and "word of the mouth" is king.  Nashville is home to Belmont, Vanderbilt, Tennessee State University, Middle Tennessee State University, and more.  Could this be a sign?  Could Nashville become a regular stop to big urban acts?  Who knows... I have Drake to look forward too, I'm not complaining.  ASAP Rocky and Kendrick Lamar are also on the bill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT's HAPPENIN COOLIES?